It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend The International Congress on Controversies in Fibromyalgia (Fibromyalgia2019)
which will take place 4-5 March 2019
in Vienna, Austria.
Even as our understanding regarding the pathogenesis and neuroscience underlying fibromyalgia and chronic pain rapidly expand and proliferate in recent years, heated controversies remain regarding many aspects of fibromyalgia, regarding its place in medicine and society and regarding the best ways to alleviate suffering.
will aim at both exposing and (hopefully) shedding constructive light on some of these more central controversies, aiming at both honoring diversity of opinion as well as attempting to forge understanding and a basis for collaboration down the road.
The Congress will welcome researchers, clinicians, Fibromyalgia specialists, treatment experts, pharmaceutical companies and other industry leaders.
The congress will focus on the following key areas:
- The neuro-biological underpinnings of fibromyalgia and centralized pain
- Classification, diagnosis, epidemiology and the evolving concept of fibromyalgia
- Genetics, pharmacogenetics, and epigenetics in the understanding of fibromyalgia
- Treating fibromyalgia, conventionally as well as not
- Combining diverse lines of research in the study of complex CNS – related conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Dealing with "transparent pain": How society deals with fibromyalgia
We hope you will join us at Fibromyalgia2019
Dr. Jacob Ablin
Prof. Piercarlo Sarzi-Puttini